- The Senior Project Manager will play a key role in spearheading the execution of multifaceted energy (power and gas) projects. He/She will lead project teams, ensure seamless collaboration with stakeholders, and drive projects from conception to successful completion.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
Project Planning and Strategy:
- • Develop and oversee comprehensive project plans, encompassing scope, budget, schedule, and resource allocation.
- • Collaborate with cross-functional teams, e.g. Business Development to define project objectives and align them with the company's strategic goals.
- • Establish project milestones and deliverables to ensure timely execution.
- • Develop risk management strategies and contingency plans.
- • Lead project teams in executing diverse energy projects, ensuring alignment with approved plans.
- • Monitor project progress, identify bottlenecks, and implement effective solutions.
- • Ensure adherence to safety standards, quality assurance, and regulatory requirements.
- • Oversee change management processes and adapt strategies as necessary.
Stakeholder Engagement and Collaboration:
- • Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with clients, regulatory bodies, partners, and stakeholders.
- • Engage prospective clients to understand and document their requirements
- • Communicate project status, milestones, risks, and achievements to relevant parties.
- • Address stakeholder (internal & external) concerns and manage expectations effectively.
- • Collaborate with external consultants, contractors, and suppliers to optimize project outcomes.
Budget and Resource Management:
- • Manage project budgets, track expenditures, and maintain cost controls.
- • Allocate resources efficiently to maximize project efficiency and productivity.
- • Identify cost-saving opportunities and process improvements.
- • Provide accurate financial forecasts and detailed progress reports.
Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) Compliance:
- • Develop and enforce robust HSE protocols to ensure the safety of project teams and stakeholders.
- • Conduct environmental impact assessments and ensure compliance with regulations.
- • Implement emergency response plans and strategies for crisis management.
Reporting and Documentation:
- • Maintain accurate and thorough project documentation, including plans, reports, contracts, and permits.
- • Generate regular progress reports and status updates for internal and external stakeholders.
- • Document project insights, lessons learned, and best practices for continuous improvement.
Project Closure and Evaluation:
- • Conduct comprehensive project evaluations to assess successes, challenges, and opportunities for improvement.
- • Ensure all project deliverables meet quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- • Facilitate knowledge transfer and capture valuable insights for future projects.
- • Prepare and deliver detailed project closure reports to senior management.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by CEO and leadership team.
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in managing projects, preferably infrastructure/energy projects at a senior level.
- Project Management
- Project Planning
- Project Execution
- Risk Management
- Energy Projects Value Chain
- Business Acumen
- Budget and Cost Control
- Resource Management
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Design Thinking
- Stakeholder Management
- Quality Management
- Communication Skills
- Project Documentation and Reporting
- Technical Expertise
- Change Management
- Procurement and Vendor Management
- Project Management Tools and Applications
- Analytical Skills
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field
- PMP certification is an advantage
Department /Business Group: Project Management Office
Reports Through/To: Chief Executive Officer