The Procurement Lead will play a crucial role in managing and optimizing our procurement processes, with a specific emphasis on subcontract procurement, project procurement, and contract management. This role requires a strategic thinker who can effectively source, negotiate, and manage contracts to support our business objectives.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- • Collaborate with teams to identify subcontracting needs and requirements.
- • Source and evaluate subcontractors and suppliers to ensure they meet service specifications and standards.
- • Oversee the subcontracting process, including bid evaluation, selection, and contract execution.
- • Negotiate subcontract agreements, terms, and conditions.
- • Monitor subcontractors' performance, adherence to timelines, and compliance with contractual obligations.
Project Procurement Contracting:
- • Develop procurement strategies in alignment with project goals and objectives.
- • Plan and execute procurement activities for project-related materials, equipment, and services.
- • Conduct market analysis and supplier assessments to identify potential partners.
- • Support the project procurement process, including bid evaluation, selection, and contract execution.
- • Manage project procurement budgets, cost control, documentation and vendor relationships.
- • Ensure timely delivery of project-related materials and services to support project schedules.
- • Administer and manage contracts throughout their lifecycle, from initiation to expiration/termination.
- • Review and negotiate contract terms and conditions with vendors and suppliers.
- • Monitor contract performance, compliance, and key milestones.
- • Resolve contract-related disputes and issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- • Collaborate with legal and finance teams to ensure contract compliance and adherence to company policies.
- • Monitor and track the progress of orders to ensure timely delivery.
- • Address and resolve any delays or discrepancies in the procurement process.
- • Communicate regularly with suppliers to expedite orders and ensure adherence to delivery schedules.
- • Provide timely updates to project teams regarding procurement status and potential risks.
- • Implement best practices to optimize expediting processes and improve efficiency.
Any other responsibilities and duties as may be assigned from time to time
- 3-5 years’ experience in Procurement / Supply Chain Management
- Energy industry experience is an advantage
- First degree in Engineering or other relevant field
- Relevant certification from recognized professional bodies or institution is an advantage
- • Supply Chain Management
- • Procurement Administration
- • Logistics, Warehousing and Distribution
- • Project Management
- • Quality Assurance
- • Contract Management/Performance
- • Inventory Management
- • Stock Monitoring
- • Stakeholder Management
- • Business Acumen
- • Accounting and Finance
- • Supply Plan Development
- • Regulation Compliance
- • Product Pricing Models
- • Vendor Management
- • Budgeting
- • Negotiation
- • Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems
- • Payment Assurance Mechanisms
- • Self-starter, Problem Solver
- • Team Player
- • Integrity & Consistency
- • Time Management
- • Numerate
- • Computing – MS Office, etc
- Communication – Oral and Written
Department /Business Group: Supply Chain / Corporate Services
Reports Through/To: General Manager, Fulfilment & Corporate Services