HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT COMMITMENT
We are committed to achieving zero downtime or loss time due to accidents or incidents; it is our belief that these events are preventable. As such, we intend to assure the health, safety and environmental (HSE) integrity of our processes and facilities at all times and all aspects of our power generation and distribution process. Prevention of incidents, injuries, occupational ill-health, negative environmental impact and conservation of natural resources are priority to us.
- Comply with all applicable local and federal laws and regulations, and with other relevant requirements in accordance with our commitment to offer quality services.
- Implement programs and procedures to assure compliance while pursuing best practices.
- Actively seek opportunities, beyond compliance requirements, to reduce risk to human health and the environment.
- Ensure sufficient systems are in place to adequately monitor, assess and address the negative environmental and social risks impacts of our operations.
- Establish and meet our own HSE quality standards to prevent activities and/or conditions that pose a threat to human health, safety, or the environment where appropriate.
- Minimize the amount and toxicity of waste generated and ensure the safe treatment and disposal of waste.
- Clearly communicate our commitment to HSE quality to our employees, contractors, visitors and customers.
- Train employees to be aware and understand the environmental and social risks associated with their activities in a manner that safeguards people, property and the environment.
- Have an adequate Emergency Plan to mitigate adverse effects to environment, people and property.
- Ensure a documented system for effectively dealing with complaints and grievances is implemented.
- Nurture a positive safety culture across the business.
At Viathan, we believe the future is green and so continue to invest and research cleaner energy solutions. As an enabler of innovative integrated energy solutions, we focus on delivering power to the people and places that need it most.
We commenced with an initial 6.5mw back in 2015 at 11% to a growth of 34%, an indication of our commitment to paving the way to a radically different tomorrow.
We are creating the future.
In our business, we recognize the importance of striking a balance between the energy we produce and the impact of our activities on the environment. We manage environmental issues through continuous assessments in compliance with global and national environmental standards.
Our priorities are to safeguard the environment and promote the responsible use of energy and show leadership in the generation of sustainable energy.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SOCIETY
At Viathan, our philosophy is to directly impact local communities, changing the economy and lifestyle one community at a time.
By powering hospitals, schools, water works, street lightings, courts, manufacturing and housing estates, we daily achieve our goal of empowering the people around us.
We are changing society from the inside and improving the quality of life.